Inner Alchemy, A poem


 

Trying to turn pain into art

Just trying to do my part Of using my creative gifts To help give our world a vibrational lift.
But fears and distraction has kept me from taking action Will I ever find my voice? Will I ever calm the noise?
I’m taking a break from social media to raise my self esteem Always feeling blue after looking at the screen Always feeling lonely after the self-sabotaging routine
I know I’m better than this Why can’t I just quit the bullshit A prisoner of my thoughts Got my stomach in knots
I look in the mirror and all I see is a tired mom- Wondering what in the world have I done wrong. Where has my self esteem gone?
It wasn’t supposed to be this way. I thought my days would be full of color and play. I left the corporate world so I could do more of what I love- Sacrificing the stability and pay
You know, so I could make art and do the things I’ve been dreaming of.
But I’m scared. What will they think? What will they say? If I declare something true. If I paint something new. If I stand for something they stand against. If I make an uncomfortable mess. If I choose to confess.
Things need to be put to rest.
This will be the ultimate test.
Can I alchemize The tears that I’ve cried?
Can I visualize A new me, a new you- And be brave enough to believe it may come true?
I want to be cool. I want to fit in. I want to be seen for the real me. I want to be accepted.
I’ve been rejected. It hurts for a minute, but then I’m over it And ready to get back in it. But this time I have different intentions. This time I’m aiming to be respected.
Respected for trying. Respected for truth-telling, being scared and crying. Respected for messing up And having the faith to get back up.
To transform these deep emotions Into stories of love, hope and devotion Would be an act of spiritual alchemy Then, maybe, I will finally feel free

Post a Comment

Instagram

Amber Adams Niven. Theme by STS.